Vondeling in the Voor-Paardeberg ward of the Paarl Winelands offers the perfect one-stop wedding destination for to-be bridal couples looking to tie the knot in 2019.
With spectacular views of the Paardeberg mountain and surrounding vineyards, this Winelands wedding venue has become increasingly popular for several reasons, listed below.
1. Intimate weddings. More and more bridal couples are seeking venues that can host intimate weddings, and Vondeling offers exactly that. Couples who choose to host an intimate wedding as opposed to a larger one usually want to focus on the “quality not the quantity” of their wedding day. Vondeling caters for weddings as small as 30 guests and a maximum of 100.
2. All-weather receptions. Weddings at Vondeling can be hosted inside the venue or outside on the lawn under free-form tents or shading of your choice. Winter weddings can be ultra-glamorous and equally magical. With the right elements and the Vondeling team to guide you, your wedding can be nothing short of spectacular. The classical function venue with its high thatch roof creates an elegant space and the influences of old Cape heritage is a common thread tying together nostalgia and minimal modern elegance. During the colder months, there’s a roaring fireplace to keep your guests warm and in summer the airconditioned venue will keep your guests cool and comfortable.
3. Put on your dancing shoes. Vondeling has a lovely covered verandah where guests can dance the night away.
4. Food, glorious food! Vondeling has a list of preferred caterers who they recommend, but outside catering is also allowed. Whether you want to have a traditional wedding with a warm buffet, wine and food pairing menus, canapés and cocktails while the sun sets over the Paardeberg, or enjoy a lovely champagne brunch, our caterers are ready to accommodate any requests.
5. What about the ceremony? Like a chapel out of a fairy tale, the steeple of St. Clement rises over the Paardeberg. This charming chapel – complete with a thatched roof, locally made stained glass windows, beautiful wooden pews and church bell – combines old world charm with modern simplicity and makes it a unique place to exchange vows. The transition to the reception is seamless, as the chapel is conveniently situated alongside the function venue—meaning you don’t have to trade in the views.
6. Spend your wedding night on a wine farm. The immaculately restored Farm House was originally built in 1740. This historic example of Cape Dutch architecture offers seven luxurious en-suite bedrooms with mountain and garden views. Surrounding the house are peaceful gardens with shaded terraces and a 20-metre swimming pool.
7. Green weddings are trendy. At Vondeling we are all about taking care of and conserving the environment. As one of South Africa’s 39 Conservation Champion wine farms, the farm converted from conventional electricity supply to solar power to minimise their greenhouse gas emissions.
8. Raise your glasses and drink a toast to the bride and groom. Vondeling is a wine-producing farm and couples are spoiled for choice with a wine list boasting 13 different estate wines. From bubbly to unoaked and oaked whites, easy-drinking reds to full-bodied winter warmers and even sweet dessert wines are on offer. A full-service bar is also available for couples who’d like to offer drinks other than Vondeling’s award-winning wines.
9. Thinking about a weekday wedding? While Saturday is the most popular day for weddings, off day weddings are becoming more and more common. Why? Well for one, venues can book up their Saturdays a year or more in advance. So, if you have your heart set on a special day (like the day you met your partner), but it just happens to fall on a Wednesday, we say go for it!
Still not convinced you have found the perfect venue? Contact Mariaan Harris at Vondeling on 021 869 8339 or email her on firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a personal viewing of the venue, chapel and accommodation.